Wednesday, July 16, 2008

How do you say "ham" in Polish?

Last night was an experience. I went out with some friends of one of the girls in our group, Justyna (that might be spelled wrong- sorry!). They were very fun and it was nice to be around people who spoke Polish- for real. However, I made a critical mistake by ordering chlodnick, the magenta soup, at a local bar. It had ham in it! yuck! That's not the worst part though. After eating just a bit of ham soup and confirming that the meaty texture was, in fact, ham I went home to be sick. So, needless to say, I'm not feeling very good today. I'll write more tomorrow after recovering from the shock of meat to my delicate vegetarian system.

1 comment:

karen said...

That ham was probably the same color as the rest of the magenta soup and hard to detect. Sorry you're sick. I don't really mean to be funny, but all I can think of to recommend is Pepto Bismal - which is pink!!!!!! I remember they had a pink liquid just like Pepto Bismal in Holland but under another name. Drink lots of camomile tea to settle your stomach. Feel better. Love, Karen